I always look forward to dining at Blue Duck Tavern. It is one of my favorites, and I especially love the brunch. This weekend some old friends and I celebrated with a family style meal that was exquisite. Each dish was better than the next, and the sunny and open atmosphere of the restaurant made it the perfect backdrop for a Saturday affair. Along with a few bottles of Champagne, we spent the day talking, laughing, eating, and drinking.
- Wild Mushroom Flatbread: Roasted wild mushrooms, black garlic emulsion, goat milk yogurt. The mushrooms were hearty, and I loved the touch of arugula on top. The mushrooms are sourced from Kennett Square, PA, which is known as the mushroom capital of the world.
- Banana Pancakes: Topped with banana jam, granola crumble, and banana chips. This was a favorite. It managed to be decadent without being too sweet.
- Biscuits and Gravy: These beautiful homemade biscuits are a southern classic.
- Assorted Pastries: Muffins, croissants, and homemade jams.
- Fried Green Tomatoes: Perfectly crispy, and served over a spicy pimento cheese sauce with tomato relish.
- Short Rib Hash: Topped with an olive oil poached egg, and a horseradish sauce. Pierce the egg, mix it up, enjoy.
- Baby Carrot Salad: Served with fennel, orange, and olive oil croutons. One of the most colorful and beautiful dishes of the day.
Now that the spring weather has arrived, I can't think of a better place than Blue Duck Tavern to experience seasonal dishes. In addition, their outdoor patio is one of the best spots to linger and enjoy a great meal. If you're looking for a sophisticated and elegant brunch, this is the place.
Blue Duck Tavern
Park Hyatt Hotel
24th & M Streets NW
Washington, DC 20037