Fruit Trifle Dessert
I used to love hosting dinner parties, but as time has gone by and things have gotten hectic with work and schedules, I find I end up going out to eat at restaurants most nights of the week. Yesterday was my friend Alejandra's birthday, and instead of our normal special dinner out, she requested that we cook and stay in. What a novel idea! It was a great excuse for us to have a low key evening, enjoy some amazing wine, and for me to make my delicious fruit trifle for dessert.
I love to make this dessert because it's always light and refreshing after dinner, and it also looks beautiful and labor intensive while actually being incredibly easy to make. Recipe below:
2 packets of vanilla instant pudding
Lite Cool Whip
Angel food cake mix
Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Bake an angel food cake. Let it cool.
- Make the instant vanilla pudding, let it sit in the fridge and firm up until thick and ready to serve.
- Cover the bottom of a trifle dish with a layer of vanilla pudding.
- Take a spoon and throw in messy scoops of angel food cake spread across the pudding.
- Top with a layer of Cool Whip.
- Layer in the berries and sprinkle the chocolate chips.
- Repeat the layers until the dish is full: pudding, cake, Cool Whip, berries.
- Serve and enjoy!